Last Few Days – 2.6 Challenge – Over 26 Days
PLEASE JOIN IN WITH THE FINAL CHALLENGE!
First of all a MASSIVE thank you to all those that have donated and supported us so far, it is really appreciated by us and our 2 charities we are supporting.
As we have not been able to hold any events since early March, this has given us a great focus to do something worthwhile for 2 great causes.
Naomi House & Jacksplace – who throughout this period of lockdown have given all their fantastically equipped rooms, usually for respite care for terminally ill children and young adults, over to the NHS, to help fight the Coronavirus. However, because Coronavirus cases are now falling, the hospice will now be reopening its doors again to those children and young adults that desperately need the support from this superb facility. This is great news, but they are struggling for donations and need our help.
Charlie Waller Memorial Trust – who are currently doing brilliant work in relation to mental health issues, during this very difficult time. They are providing such valuable information and support, to help both young and old whether on the frontline, or self-isolating, to deal with the challenging mental issues that the Coronavirus has created. Again, this charity desperately requires more funding to enable them to continue with their great work.
We are now going into the last few days of our 26 days of challenges, culminating with the singing challenge on Thursday 21st May. How better to support Mental Health week, by all singing together, making us feel much better about ourselves and raising money for charity at the same time!
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
We are aiming to try and get as many people around the country singing one specific song, (very appropriate to our current situation) at one time. We are planning on linking this in with clap for carers as this takes place every Thursday! The singing will take place at 7:55pm with clap for carers straight after. The song is “WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS”. You can sing along in your household and send us your videos to email@example.com and we will share the best ones on social media. We ask that anyone wanting to sing along donates £2 to our fundraising page. We hope to get as many people as possible to join in this final challenge.
You can find out more details about the challenges by going to our previous blog post.
So far we have raised over £2,200 but we still have a long way to go to reach our target.
Please help us reach our target and support our charities by donating here.
ALL challenges to-date have been successfully completed. Katie shares photos of each challenge on social media every day! (Facebook – Birch Associates Events and Instagram – @birchassociates) WELL WORTH A VISIT IF YOU WANT A GOOD LAUGH!
We have had a lot of fun carrying out the challenges. Some have been much harder than others! Several attempts had to be made at some, but we got there in the end!
This is what we have completed so far:-
- 2.6 mile cycle
- 26 egg throws without breaking any – No eggs broken!
- Put on 26 items of clothing in 2.6 minutes
- 26 hits of a tennis ball on the frame of a racket
- 26 skips in a row
- Grandma’s workout – hardest so far – haha!
- 100 sit ups in 2.6 minutes – Not sure Katie has recovered yet
- Run 26 times round the garden in fancy dress – the neighbours thought we had lost the plot!
- 26 shot badminton rally in one go
- Walk 2.6 miles
- 1000 piece jigsaw in 26 hours – actually achieved 5 hrs 20 mins
- 26 burpees in 2.6 minutes
- Plank for 26 minutes – We’re all still recovering from this one
- 26 lengths of the swimming pool – good one to watch on social media!
- 2.6 minutes of boxing – Katie now thinks she is the next Tyson Fury!
- Run 2.6 miles
- Bear hold for 2.6 minutes
- Hold breath for 26 seconds under water
- 260 squats in 2.6 minutes – smashed it!
Stay safe and well
Sue and Katie Birch